I had to buy a few things from the Asian shops but couldn't decide which of the two we have in Ashfield was better. I went to the shop that was farther first, and not finding what I want, went to the next one nearer the mall. In the shop, just when I was getting onto my task, he suddenly popped up beside me, practically squeezing himself into my line of vision, breathing, "Hi, how are you?" This time more bothered, I turned my back to him, walked to the end of the aisle at the back of the shop and stayed there until he was gone. I couldn't go anywhere because the shop is too small. Before leaving the store, I whipped out my phone and pretended to be talking to someone, just in case he was outside. Thankfully he was nowhere in sight and I got home peacefully.
In a similar situation, I was waiting for the train this morning, listening to my ipod, when a ragged looking man asked me if I had some change. I said I didn't and apologized. He sat next to me and then said something again. I had to take out my earphones and make him repeat.
"You've got nice feet," he said.
"Thank you," I replied awkwardly. I put the earphones back on. He said something again.
"Nice tights," he said when I'd taken off the earphones.
"Thanks."
"I like your feet."
"..."
"I like your legs. You've got nice legs."
"Thank you." I prayed my train would come that instant.
"Will you be my girlfriend, will you?"
"No, I have a boyfriend." Before he could say anything, I asked, "Where are you going?" I read that it helps to turn the tables around, putting them on spotlight; it makes them uncomfortable.
"Surry Hills."
Finally the train came. I waited til he got on and rode the farthest carriage from him.
No comments:
Post a Comment