Apparently, I forgot to logout Facebook before leaving for work yesterday. I used her laptop which gave her a chance to browse my pictures. She said one picture made her very "sad". In my mind I quickly scanned through my Facebook albums in a panic, and it turns out it's this one one:
Taken during a test drive, this photo was supposed to show the fun of Mini Cooper. The only thing I'm upset about it is how huge my arm looks, thanks to the wideshot of Lumix.My mom said I should practice self-censure. She is embarrassed for me on the notion that my family members on Facebook would have already seen this picture too. God knows what their reactions must have been!
I'm not pissed or anything. I just feel sorry that I always seem to disappoint her. Is it the 20-year age gap or some psychological thing that makes us the opposite of each other? She thinks I'm the family black sheep because I'm liberated and I think she's a social deviant because she is... well, non-sociable.
I thought about how long it has been since we went to church together. I'm sure our prayers must be very entertaining for God to listen to.
By the way, Sunday is supposed to be family day. Most of the people I know spend this day with their families in malls, eating out in restaurants, even going to church. In our family, it's the only day I don't go out because I have no work, but it's the day my parents choose to frolic in the city albeit taking their separate ways (my mom to the mall, my dad to see his friends). And they accuse me of not spending time with them.
Their ideal bonding time is breakfast at 7am, even on weekends. And if I miss it because I got home late the night before, they act like I left the country for twenty years and never called once. I love my family, but when people think I'm brought up spoiled just because I'm an only child, I really want to laugh out loud. Sometimes I think my parents have too much time on their hands and I want to send them off on speed dating for retired people looking for best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment