Monday, January 19, 2009

Don't mess with kids!

Last night was the Lim family reunion. At the end of the party, my married cousin told everyone he had to jet ‘cos he was wanted somewhere else. His four year-old son said, “Papa, you might drink again tonight.” My cousin, clearly embarrassed, laughed it off. But my nephew wasn’t through. He said, “Papa, your phone might be off again, you should turn it on.” Ah, the trouble with smart kids. I feel sorry for my cousin’s wife.

* * *

I called in sick today because of a nasty dry cough that won’t go away. I have a permanent bedroom voice, which I don’t mind except people can barely hear me. I have a policy for skipping work: only if I can’t get out of bed. I’ve been feeling guilty all day. Out of boredom, here’s what I did to my bedroom wall:

When I get my own house, maybe I’ll paint an entire wall with my own wallpaper design. Remember the movie Monster-in-Law? The scene at the end where Jennifer Lopez was painting the wall of her new house with roses stuck to me. Of course, I wouldn’t paint roses on my wall. Or anything pink, for that matter. Well maybe for my daughter’s room, if I ever have one.

4 comments:

  1. wow nice painting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it's only watercolor. my father calls it vandalism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your father is a good artist interpreter.looks like vandalism to me too :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! remind me to ask you to teach me how to use watercolors. I'm hopeless with paints -___-u

    ReplyDelete