Today I am finally wide awake, literally and figuratively.
I once heard that every 'yes' and 'no' opens a new door. I am ready for that door, and I'm not looking back.
Though I have confirmed that some "friends" are otherwise, it only makes me sorry for them. I hope they can lead better lives with real value. I can only say this: be careful of people who call on you when you are in trouble. They are only looking for the particulars. Be careful of people who love to give advice. 'Pag nasabi na ang lahat ng masasabi, ang pinakamahalaga ay ang hindi nasabi. Chatty people seldom have anything wise (or sincere) to say.
Be careful also of people who try to convert you to their religion. Charles Caleb Colton, a 19th century English aphorist and social critic, was wise in saying "As no roads are so rough as those that have just been mended, so no sinners are so intolerant as those that have just turned saints."
I feel light and happy. I'm ready for what awaits me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment