Sunday, July 18, 2010

Max's Chicken All You Can!

I wanted to post about this last night but I was so tired and sleepy by the time I got home. Yesterday I finally availed of Max' Chicken All You Can Promo! I had given up on it but last night my plans got cancelled and so I was able to go with my mom.

Based on the pictures of friends on Facebook, my impression was that it was nothing special. I didn't expect HOW FUN it was going to be!!! It's not just eating chicken at Max's; it's an event.

When you go to Max's you wait in line for a table. Everyone waiting with you and all those lucky enough to be already seated and eating came from all walks of life, and you feel as you lock eyes with them that you are all sharing something in that place. And everyone looks happy, everyone is nice, and the atmosphere is almost like a party.

At least that was how Max's Restaurant Caloocan branch was like. My experience was made better by the excellent service of the staff. I can say with confidence that I have never been to any restaurant where I felt more important, more appreciated as a customer, and happier to give a tip than that branch. The hectic restaurant operated smoothly because of the staff's efficiency and agility. You'd expect them to be grumpy and hardly paying you attention in exchange for this, but they were all attentive, polite and smiling. I honestly felt like a VIP. My appreciation for the staff reached its full height when I went into the restroom at the same time with a waitress. She came through the door one second ahead of me, and when she saw me, she insisted that I use the only free cubicle, with a smile. Up to the time we were leaving, everyone kept thanking us for coming, so that I wanted to just stay if that would really make them happy.

I only had three quarters, by the way: two breast parts and one thigh part. My mom beat me by eating one whole chicken (4). We washed the oiliness down with bottomless Pepsi Max (for only P39!!!!!). I saw some people drinking beer, making the chicken their pulutan. The worst part is they were all women. I know I'm being prudish but it's just improper to do that in a family restaurant where there are kids.

By the time I was on my third chicken, my mom was on her fourth. I was already sick of the chicken before I even started on my last. It was the thigh part, so it was the tastiest and also the oiliest. I thought it was a good thing I started with two breasts. I never had to ask for chicken because they kept serving us even though we're only halfway through what was on our plates. I savoured the crispy meat around the wings, because it was a rare occasion indeed.

My mom was also sick of the chicken by the time she finished. I didn't feel very well after that, but we were both happy. I'm quite sure Max's will experience a sales decline for several months after this promo, but it will be a legend for sure. I can't wait to see who will imitate this scheme, and if it will be as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment