That night, we spent some quality time on our new rug by watching Black Swan. It finished past midnight, in time for us to greet each other Happy Valentine's... our first one as a married couple. We talked a little and went to bed at 2am... at least I did. Turns out, while I slept like a log, he sneaked out some time later to get me flowers, and even write a love note!
The next morning, I woke up to a fragrant scent in the room. "What's that smell?" I asked, lifting my head up from the pillow to sniff around. B awoke as well and sniffed with me. "Something smells good... really good..." He told me to just go and take a shower because I was going to be later already.
In the bathroom, there was a bouquet of the biggest roses I'd seen lying on the counter top, with a note that read "Please don't read me."
I ran back to the bedroom, jumped on the bed and gave him a big hug of thanks, overwhelmed by the gesture, as well as with questions. Why? How? When??!
Apparently he put "Please don't read me" on the note to check if I'd read it anyway, because he believes I'm hard headed that way. I think despite how much he hates that about me, it's 60% if why he loves me.
We're going to have a simple dinner tonight followed by a quiet celebration at home, in the seclusion of our very own bar and lounge. Hehe. I know I'm sharing too much... but... I also know things aren't going to be this sappy all the time. So... make the most of every moment, take a picture of it, write about it, and most importantly, let the person know how he made you feel for it.
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. :)
Update: the flowers 2 days later
No comments:
Post a Comment