Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Seeing through" the situation

Last night, I finally learned my lesson. Never again will I wear a new outfit without dry running it first at home.

B made reservations at Oakwood hotel for dinner at 6:30pm. That meant I had to leave work early to make it, which consequently meant I had to bring my change of clothes to the office so I could change before B picked me up.

But work was extraordinarily hectic yesterday; I could barely sit down for five minutes without my cellphone or telephone ringing! By the time B arrived to pick me up, I'd only been able to freshen up and fix my hair. The rest of my outfit I changed into in the car on the way to the restaurant.

Big mistake!

When I got down from the car and as soon as I entered the hotel lobby, I immediately sensed something was wrong. Everyone was looking at me, although there were only a few people at the time, mainly the hotel staff and two male guests. Panicked, I hurried to the restroom as soon as we got the restaurant floor.

The dress I picked was quite revealing in front, so I thought that was the problem. I tried to arrange how the fabric draped until I was a little bit more covered. Deciding that I looked decent enough, I got ready to go out. And then I turned around.

Holy cow! I could see my entire underwear through the white dress! And I'm not talking about a silhouette or panty line-- that would've been preferrable. The fabric was so sheer that anybody from several meters away could see the details of what's underneath! I didn't know what to do; I felt trapped! It was like high school all over again when I once stained my skirt on a particularly heavy period.

I immediately called B for rescue and ordered him to get my work clothes from the car. The problem was he had it valeted which made the task complicated. Nevertheless he went down to get it. Meanwhile, the longer I was stuck in the comfort room, the sillier I felt about the situation. I was ruining the night he painstakingly planned for us! Finally, I decided to call him and forget about the other clothes. I had a solution.

As soon as I got out of the restroom, I took his TUMI bag and carried it crossbody style, such that the bag itself covered my heiny. Sure I looked ridiculous, but so what? All I cared about impressing was the man who knew about my wardrobe malfunction. Anybody else who could glimpse my fanny can drool about it and go to hell.


Our dinner ended up exceeding our expectations in style, skill and freebies.


We left the restaurant early to continue the celebration at home. On the way out of the hotel, B thought of just standing behind me to provide cover.

On our first Valentine's as a married couple, my husband proved that he got my back. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment