Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Simply note-worthy

I'm having a crappy month at work. B taking me to dinner some weeknights just makes work crappier.

On the new Peri Peri Chicken...

- Peri Peri Chicken in Greenhills is now just Peri Chicken. Same menu but with a modern, upscale look. Now, it looks like the place you go to for margarita or starter drinks, instead of somewhere you eat chicken with your hands. I still prefer old Peri Peri.

On Ces Drilon...

- Ces Drilon was in the next table at Peri Chicken with her son. Her skin looks leathery tan and she has this taut look on her face. I thought her dark skin was a result of exposure to studio spotlight, but then I remembered she was kidnapped in Mindanao earlier this year. No wonder she seemed no fun to be around with. Her son looks mestizo. On the way out of the restaurant, I bumped into him coming in with a long-stemmed rose. What a nice date. I noticed, though, that their order came almost the same time ours did, when we came in 10 minutes earlier. The perks of being a celebrity...

On the Greenhills Christmas bazaar...

- Decided to walk around the tiangge before getting desert. You have been forewarned: the much hyped about lightshow is a joke. I was uncertain about the tiangge expedition at first because I don't think B goes to places like that. To confirm my suspicions, everytime we'd see goods being sold at absurdly cheap prices, he'd comment on the quality and ugliness among other things. We had fun eventually when I suggested we look for the one thing we wouldn't ever want each other to be seen in. It was hard because most of the clothes were unappealing, but finally we each found The piece of clothing we wouldn't be caught dead in. I can foresee we're going to have problems with my fondness for tiangge, but we'll cross the bridge when it's burning. Haha.

On Nestle Creamery and Animitsu...

- B wanted to take me to the Nestle Creamery as a surprise, but it was closed by the time we got there. It was a blessing in disguise because we ended up in this Japanese-inspired green tea cafe where we first tasted our Animitsu. An animitsu is the Japanese version of halo-halo combining shaved ice, ice cream, taro jam, green tea jelly, fruits, sweet azuki beans, and mochi balls. The Animitsu is worth a trip to Tomas Morato for, but on a packed night you'd want to leave after downing it. The place is so small that you can't help but resignedly eavesdrop on other people's conversation because you wouldn't be able to concentrate on what you're saying.



People say you get fat when you're happy. I say, how can you not when eating together is about all you can do as long as you're in a PG 13 relationship? Good thing I don't let B take me out everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment