I realized over the weekend that I've gotten used to being treated perfectly that I've been setting myself up for disappointment. I've got to give the guy some slack. And then following that magnanimous reflection, I wondered in panic whether I'm beginning to make excuses for him. Is this what they mean when people say love is blind?
I still don't have a Christmas gift. I saw an album on Multiply of how my friend exchanged Christmas presents with her boyfriend. They told each other what they wanted and tried the items on before buying them. I'm assuming they shopped together. That's a convenient (almost tempting to suggest), sure-fire way to give your partner what s/he wants, but isn't the thought lacking there? I'm 100% sure that B would like this idea. Sometimes I find he's not so good in the thoughtfulness department. Sure he remembers things I mention in passing, he's sensitive to my needs... but I'm nervous about what he'll decide to get for me as a present. I guess it's his being materialistic that makes his imagination limited. But I hope I'm just underestimating him. The solution to this is to expect the worst, as is the mantra that set this relationship in motion.
I could use more coupled-up friends.
By the way, here's something cool sent to me by my Korean friend Brian.
Sel Feeling Star! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment