I have resolved to kick out the habit of popcorn when watching a movie. I cannot resist the aroma of popcorn before entering a theater. I buy bags of popcorn (not the greasy, microwavable ones) whenever I have a new DVD at home. I can scarf down a bucket of popcorn in one sitting. I love it especially when mixed with nuts, or drizzled with a little parmesan cheese. There's nothing wrong with popcorn as a snack per se, but when you start having insane cravings for popcorn some nights, when you prefer popcorn for lunch most of the time, and when your movie experience depends on the popcorn experience, you know things are out of hand. Well Popcorn, you won't control me anymore.
Last night, I watched Bride Wars with two friends. I brought a carrot-- yes, bugs bunny style, not even cut up into sticks-- thinking I could munch on it as a substitute. Depending on the freshness, raw carrots can be a really nice treat. I ate some of the carrot during lunch and realized every bite created noise. That meant the carrot was crunchy and fresh, but it also meant I couldn't eat it in the movie house. In the end I still turned to popcorn at the last minute. The good news is I only ate half the regular size before I felt like throwing up. Maybe my mind is already wired to dislike popcorn? I ate the carrot anyway, since people's giggles more or less drowned out my munches.
If you're going to try carrot as a snack, a word of caution: your fingers will be stained organge. Also, I heard that if you eat too much of it, you will turn yellow!
i can't imagine eating carrots raw and not cut up. especially the type of carrots we have in the Philippines which are big and fat.... -___-?
ReplyDeletetry carrots from landmark trinoma. they're sweet and very very crunchy. i was surprised myself when i ate my first carrot. they're lengthy rather than fat too.:)
ReplyDelete