Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An acquaintance recently lost her mother to the big C. It was a long suffering illness that was only waiting to end. Everyday I thank the Lord for the blessing of health, especially to my parents. I remember one time I was surprised to feel loose skin on my mother's arm. On another occasion, my dad, who takes good care of his body through strength training and exercise, passed in front of me and I noticed the skin on his forearms had become wrinkled. I thought, When did all of that happen?

For as long as I can remember, I always prayed for their health and happiness. But no matter what we do, time creeps up on us like a thief in the night. On finding out about my acquaintance's loss, only one thought struck me: we think we can afford to fight with loved ones, convinced that we can never forgive. Actually we don't have as much time as never, and one day life may come to surprise us. Wouldn't it be better to know we will have no regrets, and that we cheated time by making each day so fulfilling it feels like 27 hours instead of 24?

No comments:

Post a Comment