Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Beyond the big day, planning the aftermath

Whew! Did it! Changed my relationship status on FB (I hope B is happy now).

Today I have a lot of things on my mind, mainly my soon-to-be new home. When I left the house this morning, my bed was unmade and my dirty clothes were in the corner by the bathroom on the floor. I had breakfast by myself as the folks were still asleep. I was about to finish when my mom came down and sat with me before I had to leave for work.

To be fair, when I had a condo, I kept it spic and span. I'd clean the bathroom after taking a shower, sweep and sometimes even mop the floor after breakfast, washed my dishes, and returned all my things where they belonged. That's what not having a maid does to you.

Last Saturday, we selected the wallpaper for our soon-to-be bedroom. B wants to leave the decorating to me, even though he knows I'm no Martha Stewart-- my ideal house is an abandoned warehouse with all the furniture on wheels. But he is very much part of the design process because I consult him on my choices. Having an aesthetic eye is one of the things that make us click, and that makes him a very good working partner.

Want to see some ideas? Here you go...
I know that brown is a very dull, unimaginative color, but we have to work with the furniture we are inheriting. I'll just find a way to make it bright and airy. Like this:


A long time ago, I posted my dream home which is the beach house in the movie Something's Gotta Give. I'm still inspired by the bedroom of that house.

See the candles?

I wouldn't mind growing old looking like Dianne Keaton. Come to think of it, B sort of resembles Jack Nicholson. Short, stocky build. And arrogant. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment