Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nursing the sting

Started the day well until I got into an argument with B.

It's our engagement on Saturday which I know is supposed to be an important day in our lives... I mean just thinking about it sends tingles on my toes and fingertips. But we're going through the last few days before the event like it's nothing... We both feel weird about it... it's like sealing the deal, and instead of being exciting it's scary.

B says it's because we have so much stuff to do that we can't properly grasp everything. I think that shouldn't be an excuse... we should be absorbing, appreciating every moment of this process. It feels like he just wants to get it over with, like he has a checklist which completing is the only thing he cares about. And then when it's done, we go back to our usual routine and put it all behind us.

That's what it sounds like when I asked him what will happen after our wedding. He said, simply, that we go home and go back to work.

I'm sorry if I was disappointed but pardon me for thinking there should be much ado about being newly weds at least for a couple of days... because it's definitely something.

I don't know what precisely it is that I want to happen. I'm not being romantic nor making an excuse to get out of work; I too have responsibilities with my job. But I felt insulted that he thinks taking a few days' break being with his new wife is a waste of time that could be spent making money. It's even worse that he suggested I can stay home for a few days, but he has to go to work. Breadwinner thing.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment