Dear B,
It's not fair. Fourteen days apart would've been a breeze. But I keep seeing so much of your family-- or rather, your whole family keeps seeing me, that I am reminded everyday why I'm with them instead of you.
Today, for example, is the third day I had lunch with your mom. She comes to the office to bring me food and this morning, she asked Dick to sweep and mop the floor too. It's all thanks to her that I'm eating well and I appreciate the company. But she's starting to feel like a human bundy clock, to be honest.
Meanwhile, your brother Russ hung out with me again today. It's the second time he's came over straight from school. He's doing a good job with the Photoshop assignment I gave him, but in spite of that I wish he'd go home instead. Making him work instead of letting him do what he wants with his time seems like detention. This afternoon, I asked him to skim through folders and folders of off-roading photos while I went to work in another computer. I could see his head moving sideways repeatedly from the corner of my eye, and I assumed he was visualizing some digital manipulation. After a while I realized he was nodding off to sleep in his chair, one hand still on the mouse. I wanted to send him home, but your dad was coming by to have dinner with us.
So, finally, today is the first time your dad saw the office when he came to pick us up. You're in trouble, by the way, for plugging the peephole and not thinking of installing a chain lock. We had dinner at Chili's, just the three of us.
I am so part of the family, aren't I? It was unnerving at first. I mean lunch with your mom? Just the two of us? After a while I got used to it, and I've stopped being shy. I can even make inquiries now and real comments like I have my fookien under my belt. Either my Chinese is better or your parents are kind enough to ignore my slip ups. I figured if your family sees me as a member, I might as well ride it feeling sincerely like family.
However, when your mom invited me to watch Transformers 2 this Friday with your other brother, Richard, and his family, I had to decline. Eating with them is one thing, going to the cinema is another. Can't they see? Every second with them is a second without you. I might feel so bad I wouldn't understand the movie anyway.
Did you tell them to do all this while you're gone? To make me miss you more? You're terrible.