Across our office is a restaurant bar where we go drinking from time to time. It gets filled with office workers during lunch and at night. During brunch and late afternoon, it attracts foreigners, probably because of the al fresco drinking area and the fact that it's quite cheap for a restaurant in a condotel. In the morning, the main customers are students from a culinary school that share our office building.
This morning, I went to the pantry to fill my water bottle and spotted the students having breakfast. As usual, it's never too early to have a beer with corned beef and eggs. I really envy those kids. I wish I had uber rich parents who didn't care what I did with my life as long as I didn't commit crimes. I'd eff up school and get kicked out, then enroll in a culinary academy where I can play with knives and fire, and end up having beer at 9am with my equally rich and delinquent classmates.
Can you imagine that these students will graduate and end up in restaurants where chances of you eating food prepared by them is likely? These spoiled brats don't even flush the toilet. Can you imagine that most restaurants are already filled with people like these? This is the reason why I stay away from newly opened ones and stick to the classics.
On a side note, I wonder if I'll be a good chef if I tried. I thought of opening a lunchbox business for schools before, but I got bored with the idea of feeding kids. Maybe I'll feed senior citizens instead. I have the palate of a 60 year old anyway.