I like to watch Fashion TV once in a while. I especially enjoy the behind the scenes bits with the models getting made up because you get the chance to see them ugly then transform to how they look on the runway and magazines. Maybe it's weird but it gives me comfort. Bitter much?
Anyway, when I've had enough of the fashion shows, I keep the TV tuned in while I do other things, like what I'm doing now. Having Fashion TV music on the background makes me feel a little glamorous and inspires me to be out there.
You might wonder why, then, am I not fashionable if I like watching fashion shows? Why don't I know how to pull off accessories, and why do I stick to the same boring outfits?
Well, firstly, while I appreciate fashion, I'm too stingy and self-effacing to spend on things just to look good for other people. Secondly, I do get bold with my outfits once in a while when I'm courageous enough to execute an idea in my head, but I am pleased more with compliments about my confidence rather than the ensemble per se.
That, to me, is close enough to being model, and more so when it's from the specific person I am trying to impress. Thanks to B for cheering me up this way yesterday.