Sorak National Park (last entry)
Went to Sorak National Park this morning to look at cool trees and streams and some temples.
Alice (our tour guide) said Korea only has 10 bears lefr in their ecosystem because men used to eat them to strengthen their stamina. There's a statue of a bear to symbolize the bears' protection in the park.
The 340+ sqm park is awesomely surrounded by majestic mountains that can be viewed wherever you turn. The park itself is protected by UNESCO because Sorak has many rare birds and plant species that are yet to be identified.
I took lots of pictures, mainly scenery. It was just so beautiful and tranquil; I pretended I was a professional photographer for a while.
The rest of the sightings
Jewel in the Palace set but really the Emperor's Palace
Last but not least: if you saw Stairway in Heaven, there's an episode where the heroine met Kwon Sang Won in a cafe and pretended she could see when in fact she had turned blined. It's one of the most memorable scenes in the Koreanovela which quickly became a classic. This is the cafe where the scene was shot:
Cafe Pascucci; in the area where I had 32 cm green tea ice cream