I just walked from my office in Salcedo Village to Greenbelt 1, then all over Glorietta and then to Greenbelt 1 to Legaspi St. again, then took a cab back to my office. If you think that's nothing, try doing it in heels in the sweltering heat of summer.
I had to visit an office in Legaspi St. and then canvass photo shops in Glorietta for work. The office took a lunch break so I needed to go back at 1pm. I felt lonely the whole time seeing office mates, couples, families and friends having lunch. Everywhere, people were smiling, having a good laugh and eating heartily. I have no more friends in Makati (well friends that I see often anyway) because two of them recently moved offices to Pioneer. I don't mix well with my office mates, so I go solo all the time. I thought of calling someone up--anyone, even my mom, but it's just not the same.
I got my IELTS result today and found that I passed. I actually feared I would fail, when in fact my score is Band 9 (rounded up). At first it made me happy, but after a while I couldn't smile about it anymore. It made me more decided about resigning though, which I will do today. In a couple of minutes...
Maybe an hour...
Maybe before my boss leaves...
Aack!