From hereon forward, May 10 will always be the day my parents met B's parents. It was at the Manila Cathedral, at something past 4:30pm. B told me that his parents might attend the wedding ceremony. B came to see me before the wedding began, and when I didn't see his parents anywhere by 3:00pm, I thought they'd changed their minds. After the ceremony, though, from where I was standing near the altar, I caught a glimpse of the top of B's father's head by the exit. I went over to say hello, and eventually introduced my grandmother and parents. They all looked quite jolly to meet each other. B's mom is really bubbly, and my grandmother has a very warm personality. I daresay they hit it off.
Everybody proceeded to Manila Hotel afterwards, where the reception was held. We were waiting in the lobby for my uncle and cousins, when B's parents arrived and invited us all for coffee. To refuse the hospitality would be rude, so everybody went. It was nerve wracking! Being in one table with both parents??! Good thing B told his mother (she called him up and asked him to join us) that he was going to take me to Sofitel, where his friend's wedding reception was. I couldn't be happier to flee and leave them to get to know one another. I had the most wonderful time at Sofitel watching the sunset and having an Erdinger, although once or twice we'd wonder out loud what our parents could be discussing.
Unwillingly, B deposited me back to my reception. The reception was really bad, which added to my misery at having returned. That night, my mom told me that B's family said I'm very nice. She said it felt like they were eager to become family members. I told her I don't want more meetings like that, and she has to put a stop to more publicity about my relationship. While I appreciate their approval of my love life, it just saps the romance out of it. But more importantly, it's doubly hard to break up since our families have met. People would think there must be something wrong with me, and if I meet someone new, it would be hard for them to take us seriously because I'd look like a harlot in the family! Not that I'm thinking of breaking up, of course.