Monday, December 27, 2010

Physically and mentally pooped

So of course the past few days have been big diet plan fails. I'm giving myself some leeway since it's Christmas, and I'd rather spend it socializing than at home, with every fiber of my body aching from self restraint at attacking holiday goodies.

Despite the holiday aftermath, my mind is inexplicably on beach mode for our pre-honeymoon escape right after the wedding. My physical state somehow couldn't stop me from bikini shopping, which only lead to self-loathing as expected. Thanks to this impulse however, I scored a bargain at Debenham's with a cute bikini set for only a little over P1,000! They started a 20% off sale on all items just today, so my size is luckily aplenty.

Aside from resort wear shopping, B and I selected our bridal registry items today. After approximately three hours in the home section of Rustan's, I asked B if he enjoyed. He replied n the affirmative and threw the question back to me. I said it's tiring, because it's overwhelming to think we'd be using all that kitchenware!!! My idea of "home" shopping is plush beddings, laundry hampers, dinnerware sets, pretty picture frames, matching terry cloth bathrobes, candles and potpourri. It never occurred to me that I need knives, ironing board, rice cooker, and let's not forget, a weighing scale. In my mind those came instantly with our house, like light or toilet fixtures.

I'm a little excited to start our life, but exhausted of the preparations before then. In the coming weeks, I'll just be at the mall if you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment