So, here we go...
1. Cook more.
I got inspired after watching Julie and Julia (featured movie on the plane from Australia). Besides, I want to bring back the principle of eating out as a special occasion that should be done once a week.
I used to cook a lot before for my family, but my experimental dishes were only 2/10 successful. I believe cooking is easy, especially if you have a recipe in front of you. But for some reason I get cluttered once the stove is on. I have a bad habit of wanting to do everything at once: food prep, cooking and washing. Not good. I should concentrate on flavor and leave the cleaning up for later. If the food is good, someone should do it for me :)
2. Draw more.
Since getting back, my "visual diary" has been gathering dust on my study table. Time to bring it out in the sunshine and draw life objects. Never mind the lack of parks in Manila to sit and people watch. If I have to pay for a cup of coffee for that, so be it. I promise to post a sketch. :)
3. Have my coffee black and drink more tea.
4. Read newspaper more often.
I used to think that I don't need to read the paper. Anything I need to know, my mom would tell me. But it's amazing how the mind works after knowing what's out there first thing in the morning. Now I understand that grownups read the paper during breakfast for a legitimate reason, and not just to avoid talking to each other.
5. Walk more.
One of the things I miss in Sydney is all the walking I used to do. So what if there's more air pollution here and I get unwelcome attention from pervert drivers and istambays? They shouldn't control what I do with my life.
6. Learn useful skills like coding or programming. And sewing. I know, right?? But it's totally necessary in life.
Lastly...
7. Make people laugh more and cry less.
No comments:
Post a Comment