Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So far

I've been good lately and have been drinking black coffee and cooking (mostly steamed vegetables but as long as it's on a stove...) As for walking, I've been going to the gym (relationship with cross-trainer begins again!) and I've walked around the neighborhood two times since my post.

It's nice to think I'm taking care of my physical well-being. If only I could say the same about my emotional one... I'm still working on keeping people happy. It's not as easy as I thought it would be, especially when people I love want opposite things from me.

I did some sketches of B last week. He's not so happy about one of them so I won't post that. I'm hoping to sketch a formal portrait of him this time which he'll be comfortable showing to people, instead of the one with him on his back looking sleepy. We were talking about our future at the time. The future makes me sleepy too, so I don't blame him.

The future = white sheets on goose down bed with fresh flowers on the bureau each day. And no kids!!!!!!!!!!! Optimistic much?

6 comments:

  1. If the people you love loves you too, wouldn't they understand that you might want things that they don't necessarily like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. but then again, i suppose in reality you just can't please everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ideally... but i often wonder about my motivation for wanting something different. are my reasons legitimate or selfish? is prioritizing self-actualization selfish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as my dad always say to us: while our parents and elders may not always know what is best for us, their years of experience still count a lot and we should always listen to what they say. We don't have to follow 100%, but we can pick out from what they say things that are applicable to us. Because after all they didn't spend all that money on our education just so we can blindly follow other people and these "other people" include our parents. Act, speak and choose with reason and well thought-out judgment. Have confidence in living your own life (because it is your own) while at the same time prepared to accept responsibility for your actions. It isn't selfish to prioritize self-actualization because it's just natural to desire for our own development and advancement and we've been doing this ever since we were conceived in our mothers' womb.

    ...

    How horridly pedantic I sound! Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it's selfish when it comes before the happiness of people you care about. and not just any happiness. we're talking Happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm... hirap mag-comment not knowing the exact situation so magko-quote na lang ako hehe...

    "Jane Austen says: When a heroine is satisfied that she has exercised judgment with clear vision, moral principle, and common sense, she need not acquiesce to opposing viewpoints." - "Dear Jane Austen: A Heroine's Guide to Life and Love" by Patrice Hannon

    ReplyDelete