I asked B, "Is Sherlock Holmes a sad movie?"
Later that day, we found out that GB3 isn't showing the film anymore. Instead, some stupid new release replaced it like the Tooth Fairy. We debated whether to watch Avatar instead, but GB didn't have IMAX so it would only be 3D. In the end, we went with The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, which was screening in 10 minutes.
Although I appreciated the cinematography and message (if I understood correctly), it point blank spoiled our date. It had the kind of whimsy that reminds you of why you hate clowns, and the overall mood was heavy and dark. In the end, you can't help but gloomily wonder whether there is a point in everything. Sure, there are no coincidences, but a purpose in everything? I'm starting to doubt it. Just like Ted said in a recent episode of HIMYM, "When you end a relationship with someone, all the knowledge you have of the other person becomes useless." If we can edit our lives like an iMovie, I'm sure we'll find more unnecessary parts than we realize.
So, no wonder I was crabby for the rest of the night. I'm sorry for ruining our date. :( Thankfully it wasn't as bad as the Christmas movie I chose on our first month together. Dumpling (Gaa ju, 2004) was such an awkward experience for B that he doesn't even want to remember it!
No comments:
Post a Comment